- Craft & Folk Art Museum (CAFAM): Exploring the leading edge of craft, art and design, CAFAM gives audience to diverse makers and artists whose work is often not represented in larger art institutions. CAFAM is a place to see art and make art – all under one roof. Free admission every Sunday.
- Free First Tuesdays at the Natural History Museum (except July/August)
- Autry National Center: The center’s galleries explore broad themes relating to the history and diverse cultures of the American West. Free admission on the second Tuesday of every month.
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA): Free admission on the second Tuesday of every month; Target sponsors free admission on select federal holidays; free admission for L.A. County residents after 3 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.
- George C. Page Museum at the La Brea Tar Pits on Museum Row, Los Angeles – Free the first Tuesday of the month, except July and August, and free every Tuesday in September (reservations recommended)
- 12pm-5pm: Free admission to Noah’s Ark at the Skirball Center (last entry 4pm)
- 12:30pm-4pm: Free play in the play yard at Well Baby Center!
- Japanese American National Museum, Little Tokyo, Los Angeles – Every Thursday 5 to 8 pm, and 3rd Thursday all day
- Huntington Library, Collections and Botanical Gardens, San Marino/Pasadena – Free first Thursday of the month. Free advance tickets required, available beginning the 1st of the preceding month (i.e. August 1 for Sept 6).
- 2pm: Free storytelling at LACMA
- Annenberg Space for Photography, Century City, Los Angeles
- The Broad, contemporary art museum in Downtown Los Angeles
- California African American Museum, Exposition Park
- California Science Center, Exposition Park (permanent exhibits only)
- Fashion Institute for Design and Merchandising Museum, Downtown LA
- UCLA Fowler Museum of Cultural History, Los Angeles
- The Getty Center, art museum, Brentwood, Los Angeles
- The Getty Villa, ancient arts and antiquities, Pacific Palisades/Malibu
- Griffith Observatory and space museum at Griffith Park
- UCLA Hammer Museum, art museum in Westwood
- Hollywood Bowl Museum, history of the Hollywood Bowl
- Institute of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles
- LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes, Downtown Los Angeles
- The Los Angeles Fire Department Museum, Hollywood, only open Saturdays 10-4
- MOCA PDC, at the Pacific Design Center in West Hollywood